|Access All Hours Locksmiths
|Tel: +44 ( 0 ) 7926 817 843
Access All Hours are Members of the Institute of Certified Locksmiths
Barnsley: 01226 670049
Bradford: 01274 454015
Goole: 01405 840030
Harrogate: 01423 210083
Huddersfield: 01484 490030
Ilkley: 01943 630084
Leeds: 0113 286 4172
Pontefract: 01977 820008
Ripon: 01765 570062
Selby: 01757 200016
Wakefield: 01924 640027
Wetherby: 01937 290074
York: 01904 360064
Access all Hours of Yorkshire
Is your home insurance invalid?
Access All Hours recommends 5 Lever British Standard mortice locks on all final exit doors to comply with insurance companies' minimum security requirements. This can be clearly identified by the kitemark pictured above, which should be visible on the face plate of the lock mounted on the door edge. If your locks are not insurance approved consider upgrading as your property may not be insured.
Have you recently moved home?
Do you know who has keys to your property? Previous tenants, friends, relatives or builders may still have duplicated keys to your new home. Burglaries where there are no signs of forced entry being made are increasing!
Police, Crime Prevention and most Insurance companies strongly recommend that the locks on all external doors should be changed.
Essential security advice
- Front and rear doors should be fitted with a 5 lever BS Mortice Lock along with a yale type night latch.
- Hinge bolts should be fitted to front and rear doors especially in high risk areas.
- uPVC doors should be fitted with a 6 pin CEN grade Euro Cylinder with anti drill protection, or alternatively the new snap safe improved cylinders.
- Fit appropriate locks to the top and bottom of French windows and patio doors.
- Fit window locks to all ground floor windows!
- Don't leave your house or car keys in visible or obvious places.
- Keep sheds, garages and outbuildings locked - burglars will use YOUR tools to gain access to YOUR property.
- Always activate your intruder alarms before you go out - many Insurance companies will refuse to pay out in the event of a burglary if you have not.
- Consider fitting passive infra-red (P.I.R.) lighting to dark secluded doorways .
- Consider changing all external door locks when you move home or offices.
Burglaries via uPVC doors are increasing
Like millions of doors across the UK, your door is fitted with a typical Euro Lock cylinder which operates the multipoint Locking system. Attacks on these doors are increasing, making it possible to gain entry into your home within seconds. We are now fitting the new improved snap safe cylinder locks which have been proven to overcome this weakness, ensuring that your property is left safe and secure.
Locks which overhang the door by more than 4mm (see above) are vulnerable to attack and should be replaced.